Thursday, October 12, 2006
- Name: Sean R. Roberts, PhD
- Location: United States
Sean R. Roberts lives in Washington, DC. He is an Associate Professor of International Development at George Washington University (GWU) and the Director of GWU's International Development Studies Program. In addition, Dr. Roberts works as a consultant on democracy and governance development projects around the world as well as on issues related to Central Asia. He has lived in Central Asia on and off since 1989. He has a Masters degree in Visual Anthropology and a Doctorate in Social Anthropology both from the University of Southern California. In addition to conducting extensive research in the Uyghur community of Central Asia, Dr. Roberts also worked for approximately six years at the United States Agency for International Development in Central Asia.
Kyrgyzstan (Som-Internet rate)
Turkmenistan (Manat-official rate)
Weather in Central Asia
- Istanbul Eats
- The Oil and the Glory
- Vilhem Konnander
- Edil Baisalov
- Kazakhstan Today
- Channel 31
- Novaya Gazeta
FEATURED POSTS FROM ARCHIVES
- New Targets in Karimov’s Post-Andijan Repression?
- Husband for Monarchy, Wife for Parliamentary Democ...
- Why is the Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan...
- In Memory of Professor Masanov: Please Feel Free ...
- Is the Kyrgyz Opposition Splitting over Felix Kulo...
- A Sad Day for Kazakhstan
- Cadre Re-shuffle in Kazakhstan: Where Will the Ca...
- Transcript from this Week's "John Mclaughlin's One...
- Danish National Radio on Nazarbayev's visit to the...
- Kyrgyz Opposition Increasing Pressure on the Bakiy...