Tuesday, October 03, 2006
- Name: Sean R. Roberts, PhD
- Location: United States
Sean R. Roberts lives in Washington, DC. He is an Associate Professor of International Development at George Washington University (GWU) and the Director of GWU's International Development Studies Program. In addition, Dr. Roberts works as a consultant on democracy and governance development projects around the world as well as on issues related to Central Asia. He has lived in Central Asia on and off since 1989. He has a Masters degree in Visual Anthropology and a Doctorate in Social Anthropology both from the University of Southern California. In addition to conducting extensive research in the Uyghur community of Central Asia, Dr. Roberts also worked for approximately six years at the United States Agency for International Development in Central Asia.
Kyrgyzstan (Som-Internet rate)
Turkmenistan (Manat-official rate)
Weather in Central Asia
- Istanbul Eats
- The Oil and the Glory
- Vilhem Konnander
- Edil Baisalov
- Kazakhstan Today
- Channel 31
- Novaya Gazeta
FEATURED POSTS FROM ARCHIVES
- Kyrgyz Opposition Increasing Pressure on the Bakiy...
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization: Is it Under...
- “Kazakhstan, ever Wandered?”
- President Nazarbayev says Kazakhs are Europeans, n...
- Are the Miner Strikes in Temirtau merely a Grassro...
- How will Kazakhstan’s Internal Political Machinati...
- Kyrgyz Opposition call for Public Protest on Novem...
- What about the “Freedom Agenda”? (it had to be sa...
- “Great Game (Round Two)”: Kazakhstan to be Featur...
- Borat, Oil, and Democracy