Wednesday, April 09, 2008
- Name: Sean R. Roberts, PhD
- Location: United States
Sean R. Roberts lives in Washington, DC. He is an Associate Professor of International Development at George Washington University (GWU) and the Director of GWU's International Development Studies Program. In addition, Dr. Roberts works as a consultant on democracy and governance development projects around the world as well as on issues related to Central Asia. He has lived in Central Asia on and off since 1989. He has a Masters degree in Visual Anthropology and a Doctorate in Social Anthropology both from the University of Southern California. In addition to conducting extensive research in the Uyghur community of Central Asia, Dr. Roberts also worked for approximately six years at the United States Agency for International Development in Central Asia.
Kyrgyzstan (Som-Internet rate)
Turkmenistan (Manat-official rate)
Weather in Central Asia
- Istanbul Eats
- The Oil and the Glory
- Vilhem Konnander
- Edil Baisalov
- Kazakhstan Today
- Channel 31
- Novaya Gazeta
FEATURED POSTS FROM ARCHIVES
- "Puppet Master" Mr. Utemuratov comes out of the sh...
- The Uyghurs and the Olympics: Will Global Focus o...
- ….And Hillary defends Bill by noting that Dick Che...
- Of Sports, Oligarchs, and Localism; Or, Why I thi...
- Speaking with Edil Baisalov about Kyrgyzstan’s Ele...
- A Conversation with Steve Levine, author of "The ...
- Kyrgyzstan’s December Elections: Can Bakiyev pull...
- The Most Un-Anticipated Election in Kazakhstan’s H...
- “Déjà vu Dva”: Has the Prince taken his final fal...
- Another Stand-off Begins in Bishkek: “Maydan” #3?...