Tuesday, October 24, 2006

For those outside the U.S. - Kazakhstan's Democratic Achievements TV Advertisement

I was finally able to find on youtube this advertisement, which ran during "Good Morning America" while President Nazarbayev was in the United States. Somebody in Washington told me that he felt bad that the Kazakhstan government probably paid good money for this adverisement, which has far lesser production values than the "ever wandered?" spot. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would have thought this was part of the trailer for the Borat film....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It feels like a campaign ad--"I am Nursultan Nazarbayev and I approve this message"

Thanks for getting this up. We outside the US appreciate it

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder if you saw the other KZ commercial "discover Kazakhstan" which runs widely and extensively on EuroNews, BBC, CNN like 100 times a day and advertises www.kazakhstan-tourism.com - the site which NEVER exists... "ever wondered" how much taxes went to cover that?

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like an excerpt from the PR video produced by KazInvest a year or two ago. I have a copy. Some parts of it are definetely from there. The same voice too.

11:00 AM  
Blogger amina said...

In the country full of amazing artists, directors, musicians, it is embarrassing that we have such lousy advertisement of our country. Ne lublu halavshikov!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I wonder if they subcontracted this to Turkmen TV for production. Gosh...this is very disappointing...maria

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats